The most exciting aspect of your campaign won't be explaining rules to prospective participants. But it's certainly an important one. We've created a video contest rules template that you can use for your next marketing campaign, in case you need help diving in. A successful campaign hinges on your ability to clearly convey rules and guidelines to entrants. You can come up with a great idea, reach out and genuinely connect to your following in a positive way - but if your contest rules are muddled, you're headed for a disaster. Avoid having to disqualify entries and frustrating your following by making your rules and other guidelines clear upfront.
Begin by providing a simple description of what your contest entails. Here's an example: The Bravo Video 2014 Contest - Entrants will submit a video discussing a personal goal for the year 2014. The videos must be a minimum of 20 seconds long, maximum 45 seconds. Judges will select 1 winner who will be notified via email. 1st place will receive $500. One runner up will receive $250.
The description should be clear and to the point. It's just a basic overview of what most entrants will already know, repeated in the rules for anyone who might be looking into the contest for the first time, or needs a refresher.
How to enter
Here's where you can list any eligibility restrictions. No need to go into detail, yet. For now just list any age or location restrictions before you discuss the rules for entering. Must be a legal resident of the United States, 18 years of age or older to participate in the contest. Participants must do the following:
- Must submit a video discussing a personal goal for 2014 to through the contest submission page.
- Submissions will not be accepted after March 1st, 2013.
- Multiple entries are not allowed.
Now you can go into more detail about the restrictions you mentioned in passing in the last section. Make sure to touch on everything from age restrictions to employee eligibility. If you have any doubts about whether an eligibility restriction should be included - go ahead and include it! Better to cover your bases than not.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of contest registration.
- Employees of Bravo Video, affiliates, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest.
- Participants agree to abide by applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
This is an area of interest for all entrants! Let them know what the rules are concerning prizes. How can they claim it once they win? What happens if the winner is unable to accept? Address all of that here.
- If the winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and approval by Bravo Video.The winner will be notified by email within 30 days after winning.The winner or selected entrant will then have 30 days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within 30 days after being selected or is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited.
Here's where you can put any last minute, still important, contest details.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Bravo Video retains the right to disqualify any contestant if the rules are not followed.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Contest Rules.
- If the contest is not able to run as planned, without limitation, Bravo Video reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest at their discretion.
Use this template as a starting point and model for your own marketing campaign. Your rules and guidelines will be different, but the outline should be similar to ensure a smooth campaign.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator type="invisible" size="small"][vc_single_image image="6273" img_size="full" animate="afl" img_link="https://www.getbravo.com/plans/plus"][vc_separator type="invisible" size="small"][vc_column_text]
by Estee Shaw
Estee is the resident blogger here at Bravo Video. When she's not writing, she's thinking about what she'll write next. You can find her on Google+